Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stealing America

I'm somewhat impressed that this is the cover story of Time, and surprised that such issues are being discussed in the mainstream media at all. This year has been disillusioning enough for me, personally. Back in March in the CT primary, my vote never counted (the optical scanner count went from 537 to 537...I complained, basically got no follow-up). And then after my move to DC and my mailing them my voter registration, it disappeared into the ether. My experiences in CT and DC are not the consequences of intentional fraud or vote suppression. They were due to machine or bureaucratic ineptness. But then how do I reconcile that with the reported irregularities in 2000 and 2004? Even in 2004, in Ohio, I know of 2 OH friends who never received their absentee ballots.

Yesterday, I awoke to Democracy Now on the radio, Mark Crispin Miller talking about ballot-rigging and election-stealing. It was depressing to the point of disillusionment. On the same lines, see this MOVIE.

No comments: